TSA K9 DECOY PROGRAM
TSA is seeking federal volunteers who may be interested, willing, and available to participate in the Explosive Detection K-9 Program at the Mitchell International Airport (MKE) in Milwaukee, WI, and/or the Midway (MDW) or O’Hare (ORD) Airports in Chicago, IL. The K9 teams train daily to detect, deter, and prevent threats to the traveling public and commercial aviation. You will be playing the role of passengers and carry ‘training aids’ during your decoy volunteer time.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO: Washington Post Video on TSA’s K-9 Decoy Program
- Must be 18 years of age or older, but may be accompanied by minors.
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Should expect to be on-site between two and four hours depending on the training scheduled for that day.
- You can only volunteer for one date every 45 days. If you choose several dates, you will only be selected to serve on one of those dates.
- Role players may be comprised of U.S. Federal, State, Local Government employees; and/or Active Duty Military members serving as volunteers for training purposes
For more information, please email the following required information to the Canine Decoy Scheduler that is on-site at the airport you are interested in volunteering at.
*If you are coordinating the decoy event around work or personal travel at the designated airport, please share with us your departure date and time or arrival date and time.
For Mitchell International Airport (MKE) in Milwaukee, WI contact the Canine Scheduling Team at email@example.com
For Midway International Airport (MDW) in Chicago, IL contact at MDW-Decoy@tsa.dhs.gov
For O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago, IL contact Paul Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org