- This event has passed.
Leadership Skills for Non-Supervisors presented by OPM Center for Leadership Development
November 3, 2014 @ 8:30 am - November 6, 2014 @ 4:00 pm$2,515
When it comes to leading in Government, it is often those in informal leadership roles who can make the most significant impact in an agency. This course helps Federal workers who are not currently formal supervisors or managers learn to influence others and make a difference in their organization.
This course uses hands-on experiential exercises, assessments and frameworks/models to help you create an integrated development plan that matches your organization’s needs with your individual strengths.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the importance of person-to-person influence, versus position-to-position authority
- Develop values-based leadership practices
- Strengthen interpersonal communication skills
- Cultivate the art of positive interpersonal dynamics and communication
- Learn to influence by increasing personal awareness of individual differences
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who are not currently formal supervisors or managers but fulfill a variety of leadership roles in their organizations at all levels.
- Individuals who aspire to serve in these formal leadership roles will also benefit from this course.