- This event has passed.
Coaching and Mentoring for Excellence presented by OPM Center for Leadership Development
May 27, 2015 @ 8:30 am - May 29, 2015 @ 4:00 pm$2,400
Increasing demands on the Federal workforce are requiring organizations to perform at higher levels with fewer resources and staff. Whether guiding employees to learn skills through on-the-job coaching or mentoring employees through change and transition, coaching and mentoring can improve an organization’s ability to succeed. This course explores how to use these important to help other develop both technically and as leaders in order to improve their organization’s overall performance.
Helping employees develop their leadership competencies can increase your organization’s success by making them more skilled at what they do and more effectives at choosing the right methods to get their jobs done well.
How You Will Benefit
- Examine coaching and mentoring as the core tools to help others develop leadership competencies.
- Learn the key coaching and mentoring strategies to help employees reach the next level of performance and to make productive choices concerning the direction of their careers.
- Understand how to conduct effective coaching or mentoring meeting sessions.
- Receive feedback on how your coaching skills appear to others.
- Explore other people’s learning styles so you can coach or mentor more effectively.
- Build a plan for continuing your development as a coach or mentor.
Who Should Attend
Anyone in a position to coach or mentor other employees, formally or informally. Managers or supervisors who may coach or mentor within their agency’s succession plan, or who want to develop others on their staff.