Federal Executive Boards (FEB’s) connect Federal agencies in order to share resources and information.
The Chicago Federal Executive Board (FEB) represents over 50,000 Federal employees. They work for 43 agencies in 178 offices located in the metropolitan Chicago area including the following eleven counties: Cook, DuPage, McHenry, Lake, Will, Grundy, DeKalb, Kendall, and Kane in Illinois, and Lake and Porter in Indiana. The Chicago FEB also serves approximately 8,861,000 people.
Our FEB objectives in Chicago are:
- Emergency Preparedness, Security, and Employee Safety
- Workforce Development and Support
- Intergovernmental and Interagency Collaboration and Community Outreach
Through the combined efforts of our senior Federal leadership, we:
- Provide communication between Federal agencies during emergencies
- Share special skills between agencies, including translations and mediation.
- Connect to our local community through outreach projects
- Provide local training for our Federal workforce to reduce travel dollars
- Are poised to facilitate large interagency projects
In these times of budget cutbacks, FEBs are critical to the future success of the Federal government. Connecting local agency offices to your local Chicago FEB is the best way to stretch your budget and collaborate with local leaders.